<VV> Speedometer question

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Mon Aug 4 23:51:07 EDT 2014

My 64 Spyder speedometer ( MPH- Speed ) works, but the odometer does not.
What can be the problem? Anyone run into this before?     ..,Bruce Alexander
Smitty Says:   Unless the situation has changed in the last 20 years, the
drive mechanism for the odometer in Spyders and Corsas have almost become
hens teeth.  I haven't paid any attention to that item for many years in the
Clarks book.  For several years they were unavailable.  Two problems cause
their demise.  On is the extra load from driving the extra set of numbers in
the trip meter.  The other is that sometimes people would try to set the
trip meter when they were rolling and jam them up, thereby breaking them.