<VV> 1969 Corvair Registry --> Now 1967 Monza Fuel Tank Removal

Paul Fox paulvair at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 07:44:42 EDT 2014

It ain't  pretty but just bend the bracket holding the bar in place. It'll take some prying but it works.
Paul Fox

On Monday, August 4, 2014 10:06 AM, Charlie via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

On the topic of F**Ds, somehow I had 2 of them, and sold them both when they
took up too much room in my driveway, and the Code Cops "enforced" a
decision as to what I could keep in my driveway?

2 F**Ds for 1 Corvair is a good deal!
-------------------------------------
It should make y'all happy that I sacrificed 2 F**Ds to make room for, and
fund, my one Corvair ~ the famous 1967 Monza that was the recipient of the
140 I bought at the GWFBT in Palm Springs, which is now running, albeit not
on the road yet.

I'm currently tracking down the escape route that gas takes when I pour it
into the filler pipe down to the pavement below.

I can't see any obvious problems, and I don't really want to be down there
to watch where it goes, so I'm pulling the tank, which is not nearly as
difficult (so far) as I had feared.

One problem is that the neck is so long and giraffe-like that I may need to
remove it when the tank is halfway out?

The other issue is that the bolt that holds the right side sway bar
"trapeze" hanger won't let me drop the sway bar to swing it out of the way.

See photo and diagram attached (VV links down below?)

Maybe the light of a new day will illuminate the issue ...

Thanks for listening~
Charlie