<VV> Filler pipe hose

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Wed Aug 6 01:00:26 EDT 2014

Subject: <VV> 1967 Monza 3" Fuel filler pipe hose $7.50 with shipping
Smitty Says;  Many years ago I ran into the same problem when needing hose
for the filler pipe on one of my Vairs.  All credit to the Vendors for what
they do for us but when the price plus shipping difference between them and
the FLAPS gets to be a bit much I start looking around for alternatives.
When I tried to find hose stock I found that it is not radially available in
the 1 1/2 diameter.  But Chevrolet used the 1 1/2 size for years and years
between the saddle tanks on pickups.  Of course some of them are molded with
an El on the end, which is wasted rubber to us.  Perusal of the Chevy parts
book will show some that are a couple of feet long and straight.  With that
information you can go to the FLAPS and order what you want by year model
and application.  That of course leaves you in the same condition as buying
from the vendors, but if you are in Vairs for the long haul like I was, and
am, you get quite a bit of hose for your money.  I have owned maybe 15 Vairs
since I did that and have been very happy with the foresight since I have
had to pull the tank on most of them for one reason or the other.