<VV> Lighting / electrical problem

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 6 17:59:18 EDT 2014

Did you try working the switch several times in a row - both in and out and
left to right?  You could have a small piece of rust inside which is
completing the circuit.  You might also try pulling the knob (and stem) out
and put a short squirt of WD40 inside the switch through the stem hole.
Replace the knob and work the switch some more.

IIRC, there is a button behind the dash on the top of the light switch to
release the stem and knob.

Later, JR