<VV> F/S Thanks from VairFare

Steve Spilatro spilatrs at marietta.edu
Sat Aug 9 20:56:22 EDT 2014

Thanks to everyone who purchased a DragFree Cross Shaft at the Corvair Expo in Tacoma. I really enjoyed meeting so many people and connecting faces to names I've only known online. (I was also glad that three airlines handled my suitcase full of cross shafts without losing it.) The Murano was a lovely Hotel, Tacoma was a great host city, and the vairs on display in and outside of the LeMay were fantastic. Did anyone else go and watch fish being thrown around up at the Pike Place Market in Seattle?

Lots of people took VairFare business cards, and I'm happy to extend the Expo sale price to anyone who has one. Think of it as a $10 off coupon:
-Standard 61-69 2-carb car cross shafts will still be $80 which includes $15 refunded for a core
-All other model cross shafts are $110 which includes $20 refunded for a core
(shipping is typically between $7-10)

Drop me a message if you need an uncommon shaft (e.g., manual choke, AC knurling) – I have very few of these, or we can discuss a custom conversion.

You can see all about Dragfree Cross Shafts at http://vairfare.webs.com .  These remanufactured DragFree Cross Shafts are outfitted with high chromium ball bearings installed on the carburetor mounting brackets. These are real bearings (not bushings) and allow the cross shaft to rotate freely and carburetor throttles to return smoothly to their closed positions. The hardened steel bearing mounts are only 5/32" in thickness and are custom fit to the cross shaft brackets.

DragFree Cross Shafts are beautifully restored from original stock units. Thus, they look like stock to a casual perusal. The cross shafts are cleaned, stripped to bare metal, straightened as required, and recoated with heat-cured, temperature and scratch resistant paints with a pleasant, flat metallic finish.

Feel free to contact to ask questions.

Steve Spilatro
VairFare, LLC
vairfare at gmail.com