<VV> [fastvair] push rod failure [2 Attachments]

Paul Fox paulvair at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 12:28:52 EDT 2014

I see this more and more. Not often at all on original engines though. And of course I  see this  more on Hi-Po engines with stiffer valve springs. I'm fairly sure it's caused buy small block type replacement lifters and or low ZDDP in the oils today. There just isn't enough oil flow through the small block Chevy lifters. Currently I'm saving all the original Corvair lifters I can find to send them out to be reground because I hate come backs.
Paul Fox