<VV> Grabby brakes

Harry Yarnell (Verizon) harryyarnell at verizon.net
Tue Aug 12 14:43:34 EDT 2014

I have been fighting this problem for years. '65 Corsa. Car pulls violently
to the right upon brake application. Always involves soaked brake shoes from
leaking wheel cylinder on the RF.

I have rebuilt wheel cylinders til I'm blue in the face, not to mention
replacing brand new soaked shoes.

This time I bought Clark's new cylinders, well maybe two years ago.

Car is rarely driven (my fault) and again, I get it out to go to the
Delaware show this past weekend, and it pulls to the right. Badly.

I'm using DOT 5 silicone.

Anybody have any issues with Cal's wheel cylinders, or did I just get a bad
one?...or is silicone more prone to leak past the seals?

Oh; I get the other '65 corsa out to go to Delaware, and it won't start..

Harry Yarnell

Perryman Garage &

Orphanage

harryyarnell at verizon.net