<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 115, Issue 53

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 07:19:36 EDT 2014

From: George Jones <65crownv8 at gmail.com>
Cc: "virtualvairs at corvair.org" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>

How lucky can I get???? Well, while traveling with my TCC friends to a show
in NC, I had a clutch cable break on I-85 (a pile-up had traffic slowed to
a crawl). After getting the car into the center median, Smitty Smith and a
number of other TCC members helped me get the car in the air, in a safe
manner (spare tire under the chassis as cribbing), when Walter Carter
pulled a screwdriver out of the tool box and proceeded to remove the rocker
panel trim from his '69 PG. Lo and behold, he pulls a spare clutch cable
out of the trim and hands it to me. Why he carried a clutch cable in a PG
car, I'll never know for sure, but I sure am glad he did. Saved me from
doing a jack leg repair with only what I had in my tool box.

Now, I would call that Lucky!

George Jones

I met Walter Carter once as he arrived at a convention.
His motor compartment was stuffed with spare parts and tools.

He filled every available space with his spares.
I didn't know about the rocker trim...LOL

Gary Swiatowy