<VV> Japanese Corvair - eyewitness

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Tue Aug 19 09:03:02 EDT 2014

When we lived in Japan in the 80s, there was a dealer who imported GM cars.
 All the incoming cars were extensively prepped to meet the Japanese
"regulations".  (The US considered these "regulations" to be unfair import
barriers.)  "Prepping" did not include converting to right hand drive.  In
fact, full size, left hand drive cars were popular with the Japanese mafia
as a status symbol.  I doubt this Corvair fell into that category (status
symbol), but it was likely sold in Japan and the tag certified that the car
had been though the "Japanization" process.  I doubt the tag would add any
more than curiosity value, but it would be interesting to have someone
translate it once again.

Dave Keillor