<VV> Blockers, coils, and resistance wires

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Tue Aug 19 13:30:02 EDT 2014

Smitty Says;  If I am hungry enough I'll eat grubs from under a stump.
That's the way I feel about this problem.  Will not ignore any reasonable
consideration.  As I said before it will be a couple of weeks before the
next visit.  Steps to take while there are to change the coil in spite of
the good fire I am seeing.  Next, to hot wire the ignition, which I hadn't
done before for the same reason.  And finally to cut the muffler off, even
though I see no reason to.
As for the blocker ring, I am having the same trouble with Spike in third
gear.  Sometimes the blocker keeps me from shifting to third.  Sometimes I
can back off and very gently get past the blocker resistance.  A lot of
times I don't even notice it or think about it.  When it doesn't want me in
third there's no way in hell I can do it.  It's on the to do list but since
Spike is no longer going to the track I see no reason to hurry.  Maybe a
pilot bushing will go bad or something else, and then I will feel the work
to pull the power train more worthwhile.  So what's the consensus on the
tranny?  Worn blocker?  I was pretty much convinced it was the new GL-4.