<VV> Corvairs from Above

Kenneth Schifftner scrubbr at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 19 15:54:37 EDT 2014

Bob:

And now the rest of the story...

The fellow who flew with his son to the Aerodrome arrived at a local airport about a half hour before the Corvair vehicle parade started.  The Aerodrome has no radio tower. He called me on cell phone from the local airport and asked what time he should fly by...I turned and asked one of the nearby Aerodrome folks if they knew about what time a typical car parade ended. The fellow thought a bit and said "Oh, about ...." and gave a time.  I told the pilot to figure about...and relayed the time I was given.  I then took up last in parade line and nervously watched both the sky and my watch as the parade crept towards your announcing stand. Parade almost done, still no plane, you putting the final touches on the closing remarks.....and then.....Vrooooooom!

Luck? Sort of. Do it again like that?  Nye impossible!

That Corvair powered K-2 was a sight, such a sound, to behold!

Ken Schifftner