<VV> Corvair from Above...Rest of the Rest of the Story

Kenneth Schifftner scrubbr at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 19 18:40:05 EDT 2014

Bob/Seth:

The Aerodrome is the Rhinebeck Aerodrome.  About a year ago, I went back there just for something to do.  I had on an NJACE tee shirt.  Corvair cap.  A fellow sitting nearby noticed the advertisements I was wearing and offered that a few years ago he attended the most amazing thing at Rhinebeck.  Some Corvair clubs put on a car show and parade and right at the end of it a Corvair powered aircraft zoomed by exactly on time. Wow! Never saw anything like it!

I told him my club was one of the sponsors and I helped coordinate it.

I told him "You won't believe how many times we had to rehearse that fly by".

He seemed to believe me....so I left well enough alone.

Ken Schifftner