<VV> ATF and Sticking Blocker Rings NO!

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Aug 25 11:07:39 EDT 2014

Remember, our trannys share fluid with the differential, so you DO NOT want
to lube hypoid gears in the rear with ATF!

Frank DuVal

Original email:
-----------------
From: hallgrenn--- via VirtualVairs virtualvairs at corvair.org
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 11:01:35 -0400 (EDT)
To: jb30343 at windstream.net, virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> ATF and Sticking Blocker Rings

This discussion of ATF in our transmissions is a little off the mark and
worrisome.  As an aid to making the  blocking ring problem go away I agree,
but only as an additive.  ATF is fine in transmissions with cross-cut gears
like FWD, but (unless the formulations have changed drastically) it doesn't
have the shear wear protections necessary for our beveled gears.  Or have
formulations for ATF changed so much in the last few years?

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA