<VV> overheating issue for new/young Corvair owner

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 20:04:40 EDT 2014

The low oil pressure might be the old switch, or it might be a real
problem. The test to pull the lead already suggested will help to isolate
to the switch. Get your fuel pump from a known and current Corvair vendor
like Clark's to avoid getting a pump that may have been sitting on the
shelf and have old dry diaphragms.
The pump can leak into the oil so if your oil level went up and you didn't
add any it got thinned out and needs changed immediately.  It can hurt the
engine bearings and cylinder walls and is a fire hazard. We would like a
report!
Mark Durham Hauser Idaho 62 Coupe Red/Red.