<VV> Anyone use Autolites?

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 19:17:09 EDT 2014

http://www.autolite.nl/bougies/pdf/pdf-heatrange.pdf

Here's an Autolite heat range chart for you to make a decision off of.

275 is a hot plug, but it might work in your lower HP engine.

Rather than pick a particular plug and see if  you can make it work, I
suggest you make sure the plugs you have been running are running in the
correct heat range for spark plug color and wear and tear, then find a
replacement in the autolite line in that same correct heat range, if that
is what you want to use.

Here is a spark plug chart:
http://kereta.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/spark-plug-chart-2.jpg

My car has run 2 seasons on some Autolite platinum's, they are a std chevy
350 plug, however, my heads had been altered to move the spark plug hole
closer to the exhaust valve by a previous owner to help with performance,
or so I hear, and they also cut the head for modern tapered seat plugs. I
have to run a plug 2 numbers down colder from the middle due to a 270 cam
and high compression but once I found out the correct heat range, the
engine has operated perfectly on a Pertronix I and std coil with those
Autolite plugs. Color is perfect which shows it's now operating in the
correct range.

I was cracking the ceramic and had signs of pre-ignition on the old middle
of the range spark plugs in less than 1000 miles, so that is why I say to
get what you know works heat range wise in the brand of your choice - in
your engine.

Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho
62 Monza coupe Red/Red 4 speed