<VV> Thermister Swap?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Aug 29 22:57:28 EDT 2014

Let's see where to start, OK, an article on troubleshooting a Corsa gives:

With the engine cold, the reading should be 5000+ ohms. An engine
running at normal temps can range from 500 (300F) to 750 (225F) in Ohms.
Lower than 500 ohms simply means your engine is getting hotter than
normal. Running the engine for a good 20-30 min usually hits 300F or so,
but is stable at that temp. A lot of stop and go driving, heavy traffic
congestion may force it higher. Running the engine for only 15 min will
barely get the temp to 200F (1000 ohms) and your gauge may not even
reflect it. Ohm readings of 310 or less indicate the engine is reaching
400F or over. Less than 200 Ohms indicates engine temp is 450F +. The
range of the gauge is from 200F (1000 ohms) to 600F (100 ohms). At 5000
Ohms, the temp is 70F. At 575F, the alarm will go off.

And I found this info on  robinsonheli.com   for CHT probe 3080-38:

200 °F is 745 ohms
475 °F is 38 ohms
500 °F is 32 ohms

So, it is a thermistor, but the range looks really off at higher
temperatures. Somewhat close around 200 °F. At normal driving
temperatures, the gauge will read over temperature.

Frank DuVal