<VV> Unusual Vair ~ New class for "Most Mods with Least Visible Changes"?

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Wed Dec 3 15:05:14 EST 2014

I've suggested some time back that there should be a special new category
for Corvairs that have had the most modifications with the least visible
change.

The best example I've seen so far was at last year's (2012 or 2013?) GWFBT
in Palm Springs which showed a red or maroon 1964 Monza pillar-less "hardtop
coupe" with hand-made glass, parking lights moved below the bumper, ala LM,
and ~ best, and least obvious, but most work, for last ~ a complete LM rear
suspension to replace the swing axles!

Lots of other changes, but certainly should be in a class by itself, "Most
Mods with Least Visible Changes"?

It looked almost normal to the casual observer, and might have just looked
like a beautifully restored stock Corvair, until you looked a little closer
when the truth came through

It was something of a mild shock to the system when you realized just how
much work went into that car, and how much of that work would go completely
unnoticed even to many Corvair owners!

Charlie