<VV> 'sparky' electrical question

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Dec 5 18:53:05 EST 2014

I have a question.  When the gas heater in my '60 is firing, why can I hear the
buzz on the stock am radio?  Earlier, I was also able to hear the turn signals
"clicking"
on the radio when used.  I figured it must be the radio noise suppressor
condenser on the coil.  When I checked, sure enough, the wire was broken off.  I
had a few in my parts stash, so I replaced it.  That cured the hearing of the
turn signals issue, but not the gas heater.  Something else.  Whenever I drive
close to where the radio station I listen to is located, the buzzing goes away!
But as I drive away from there and head home, the buzzing slowly returns.
Strange.
All thoughts and ideas welcome.

Randy

Put a condenser on the heater's coil!