<VV> Late Model (65-66) Instrument Cluster Removal

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 13 23:49:35 EST 2014

I sure don't remember all those troubles to get the dash out.  You have to
remove the U shape hanger for the steering column and put a towel between
the column and the center of the dash to avoid scratches.  Pull the column
down far enough to get the dash past and then you can reach the nuts which
hold the shift indicator.

Note:  Over 20 yrs since I had a PG - so the above is subject to IIRC.  I
don't recall if you have to get upside down (head on the floor) under the
dash, but maybe, maybe not.

Later, JR