<VV> Solved!!!

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Thu Dec 18 21:33:07 EST 2014

From: judynrandy at comcast.net
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 12:27:49 PM
Subject: Solved!!!

Problem # 1.  I could hear buzzing from the gas heater when it was operating on the car am radio.  Adding a new radio noise suppresser condenser to the coil didn't solve the problem.   Matt Nall suggested putting a radio noise suppressor condenser on the gas heater coil as well.  I did, and the buzzing went away!!! Matt, you da man!!!
Problem # 2.  My gas gauge stayed in the 1/8 of a tank position all the time.  I checked the sender.  It worked as it should.  When I removed it again, the sock on the pick up tube was all disheveled.  I figured that was the problem and removed it. (Yes, I have an in-line filter)  When reassembled, same thing.  J.R. suggested something might be interfering with the movement of the sender arm.  When I took it apart again, I bent the sender arm inward away from the tank wall a smidge.  Works perfectly!  J.R., you da man!!!  Thank you for your help.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook
'60 700 4dr '64' 110/4spd
'63 '500' ragtop  110/pg
'65 Monza 4dr  84/pg