<VV> Corvair Offered First-In-Class Infant Storage - pic says it all

Rod Murray rmurray at pittsburghpenguins.com
Mon Dec 29 08:41:56 EST 2014

Fun photo, but warranting a minor correction...although the headline is accurate, the article incorrectly references that little Joseph is riding on the dashboard in front of the driver, an erroneous error. while such ease of access would be considered a clear benefit to most parents, as well as experienced teenage babysitters, for everything from recovering a dropped pacifier to the popular "one-handed no pit stop diaper change" in other less-advanced vehicles, no right-minded corvair owner would ever risk a child's safety by foolishly placing them in such a high-risk forward riding position...rather, this picture clearly shows joseph safely stowed in the rear window storage area behind the rear seat.  The engineering logic is obvious...The deep 8" lip of the rear seat keeps baby and other packages from rolling too far forward during quick stops, the location directly next to the engine compartment calms baby (plus the occasional odorless exhaust fumes helps baby nap), a dropped binky stays close to baby aiding motor skills development, and the large curved rear window acts as a natural heating system to keep baby incubated on warm sunny days...Just a few of corvairs many designed-in space-saving safety features that helped it be named 1960's car of the year.

Happy holidays!

- Rod

On Dec 28, 2014, at 10:58 PM, "BBRT via VirtualVairs" <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

> I stopped after a  toll in Richmond onthe way to VIR for a race. A State
> Trooper pulled up and asked if I needed any help. After he found out I had a
> Corvair Yenko Stinger in the trailer, the Trooper told me he used to nap in
> the rear window of his parents'  Corvair...
>
> Chuck S

Rod Murray
Senior Director, Production and Game Presentation
Pittsburgh Penguins
rmurray at pittsburghpenguins.com
Office: 412-255-1906 | Fax: 412-255-1980 | Mobile: 412-719-3449
CONSOL Energy Center | 1001 Fifth Avenue | Pittsburgh, PA | 15219