<VV> PG LEAKS

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Dec 30 20:53:00 EST 2014

IF you clean and straighten the pan edges , and clean with solvent all
surfaces , then put a fairly thick layer of a GOOD silicone on the pan edges ,
and install right away without fully tightening it , wait at least a day ,
then  finish tightening it, you probably will get it sealed just fine. The
shaft o  ring seals fine if clean and lubed well ( I use Vaseline ). The
biggest cause of  failures I see here is dry assembly of o ring areas , and not
clean surfaces.  This goes for the large cover O ring also.The hardest part
of any of this work  is getting things clean and dry of any oil when sealing.
I  love everything about Clark's aluminum pans etc but the  price.  I have
them on all of my vehicles.
 I suggest a careful check of shift cable adjustment before doing such  a
good sealing job...
Regards, HAPPY NEW YEAR
Tim Colson      busy cleaning parts!