<VV> Rough Running 140

edselcorvair at netzero.net edselcorvair at netzero.net
Wed Dec 31 16:03:06 EST 2014

Back in late September I posted a message telling how my 66 Corsa 140 4 speed suddenly started to run VERY rough coming home from our anniversary dinner.  Several members suggested it might be dirt in one of the primary carbs while I thought it might be a dropped valve.  Well the car has been sitting in the garage for 3 months now and I finally took some time to start the investigation.Fuel  - no problem, coming out of both jets when turning cross over shaft.Distributor - no problem, cleaned the rotor and still ran VERY rough.Pulled Spark plug #6 - the side electrode was bent over touching the center electrode and there is a nice shinny rub mark on the side electrode curve where it bends over. Now I am thinking it is either a dropped valve or the piston crown has broken off and slid up the cylinder, bent the electrode and made the shinny mark Any thoughts other than jacking it up and taking off the left side cylinder head to see what is going on? Bob HenrichMorristown TN66 Corsa Convt58 Edsel Corsair