<VV> 2 performance questions

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Thu Feb 13 21:59:13 EST 2014

1.  What is the consensus for how long to run a distributor cap, rotor, and plugs these days?  Yes, i'm using a pertronix I.

2.  In a well used, (not abused- it came to me this way, no smoke, but it lacks in power somewhat) stock '63 84 hp engine and pg, what would cause it to briefly hesitate (almost like a quick cough) when I start to push down on the gas pedal to accelerate, as in when you start out from a standing stop such as a stoplight?  (The accelerator pump cups have been replaced.  It did it before, and still does it now.  This engine also is using a Pertronix I )

Randy (Cap'n) Hook

'60 700 4dr '64' 110/4spd
'63 ragtop 110/pg
'65 monza 4dr 84/pg