<VV> Loose steering.

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 24 14:37:07 EST 2014

As others have stated, start with looking at everything in the steering
before even thinking about adjusting the screw in the trunk.  The nut simply
keeps the adjustment in place.  Loosen it, make your adjustment to the screw
CAREFULLY - do NOT over tighten - and when done tighten the nut to hold the
setting.  Typically, small adjustments (1/8th to 1/4 turns) are the better
way to go even if you must do it more than once.

When finished, take a ride and make several turns - right and left.  Let go
of the steering wheel in the turn to be sure it re-centers on its own.  If
it does not return to center on its own, you have the adjustment too tight.
Back it off a bit.

Later, JR