<VV> What are your Corvair plans for 2014???

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Thu Jan 2 10:55:50 EST 2014

Since my garage is nearing completion, -- just need to get the old Bear car
 lift serviced and installed, I'll first do some needed maint. on the '62
Pontiac  Grand Prix and then get back on my David Clemens built '69.  It's
painted  and already in place on jackstands to finish the Corsa dash
conversion, finish  the A/C and glass installs and do the interior.  It's bottom side
has long  since been done.  The biggie is the 675 mile run up to David's to
turn the  hurt 140 he built into a 3 liter.  It's not the drive, it's the
money.   :-)   This car was always intended to be my GT  driver of choice,
with strong track day capability.  Never a Walmart  runner.  I'll not be
going to Tacoma as it's WAY too much of an expense  from Florida, but in 2014 I
hope to finally be driving the improved Corvair  sports car I fantasized
about in the early '70's.

As for the '64 Monza vert. w/factory A/C, I'm going to try & get my  wife
to pass some $$$ to Eddie Meadows for the engine freshening it  needs. (she
has a job)   Maybe even the re-weatherstripping it  has to have.  I figure I
can buff the hell out of the $200 paint job  it came with for now.  I put
the title in her name when I bought it so  "it's not my job, mon"   (the
expense)........

Joe Dunlap
Central Florida.