<VV> What Are Your Corvair Plans For 2014

lonwall@corvairunderground.com corvairs at pacifier.com
Thu Jan 2 15:10:47 EST 2014

    To keep bolting Corvair flywheels and rebuilding distributors and
stuff - Also to keep selling Corvair parts......still at it after 40 years.

    Also, unfortunately, to drop the powertrain in my 64 Greenbriar. The
pilot bushings finally took a dump after 100,000+ HARD miles. You can
imagine the regression. Right now I'm dealing with annoying squalls as I
let the clutch out - and just this morning! - Shaking when starting out.
By my estimates between 10,000 and 20,000 more miles until I lose the
forward pinion bearing on the differential, then the whole differential
and then probably the transmission.

   The van suffers from years of deferred maintenance so it will be a
big project. Well nothing runs forever - not even a Corvair.

   If only it would warm up - and stop raining and .................

Lon
www.corvairunderground.com