<VV> To do in 2014

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Sat Jan 4 16:37:53 EST 2014

Smitty says;  My revolution was to get several things right on the wagon.  The Cyl head temp wasn’t working and the oil temp and tranny temp gages weren’t either.  Also had a 2 year old oil seep I have not been able to find.  First, one of the two leads for the Cyl head temp going to the sensor ring under a plug was broken at the ring and inside the insulation.  Fixed that.  The other gages problem I found after tearing the AC, the trailer brake control, the electric antenna switch, the heater control. the radio, (with feeds for 8 speakers) and various AC ducting, out from under the dash, turned out to be a broken wire inside a length of perfectly fine looking insulation.  That was a real chore for this antique body.  So on to the oil leak.  I had to install a new rear motor mount which afforded a view not available before.  I spotted the source of the leak.  A hose  going to the aux oil cooler under the left fender.  So I fixed that in spite of being BBRT trained.  That took care of my 2014 “to do” list.  Spike is on the road again after some 60 months or so.  He needs some post engine teardown tuneup to run a little better, but I have 361 days to catch up on that.  Other than that I am golden and I will bask in my feeling of “all is well” for the next 11 months and 29 days.  It must suck to be you