<VV> Pinted -- epoxy floor (Corvair by association)

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Wed Jan 8 15:31:59 EST 2014

A few month ago, I had a pro do my 1-1/2 yr. old (new) concrete garage
floor.  (only the Pontiac had puked on it....)   Did good prep  work - then 3
coats of a Sherwin-Williams concrete floor paint with a little  fine grit in
it and then a top sealer coat.  Light yellowish tan.   Also did about 250
sq. ft. in the car lift area in a light gray Sherwin-Williams  epoxy.  I
stayed off the floor for something like 9 days for cure  time.  Contractor
suggested a 7 day minimum.  Most everyone  knows that we don't have dirt in
Florida.  It's about 80% sand.  How  grass grows, I don't know.  Anyway, I have
not yet done the driveway out  front - which I hope to do in reclaimed brick -
spaced so grass can grow up  between the bricks, so every time I go into
the garage, I am tracking in  sand.  So far, after sweeping sand out MANY
times, I see no deterioration  of the surfaces.  You can't even feel the "grit"
- as it came out actually  more like the texture of a football.  All 6 cars
have been in there for  about 4 months now and 4 of them are up on
jackstands with a square of OSB under  the jacks.  I am hoping that when I move any
jacks, that the paint will not  lift.  I'm pretty sure it's not going too,
and it all looks like a very  durable surface.

WEATHER:   We just had 2 days of 30's - 40's here but going to be  80 - 82
again on fri. & saturday.    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA    (I feel
for yous  masochistic northerners)

Joe Dunlap
Cen. Fla.