<VV> Trouble lights

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Sun Jan 12 23:54:53 EST 2014

Smitty Says;  This thread has really been enlightening.  GGGG    I got one more to add that I haven’t seen listed yet.  One of my favorite work lights is a 18 inch florescent fixture.  Not one of the 1” diameter ones but the standard diameter like the big ones.  The unit The bulb clips to is rectangular in shape, so it will lay equally well on its side or back.  I have shaped a strip of 1/2 inch rabbit wire into a “U” shape and sheet metal screwed it to the sides of the box.  On the sides the wire clears the bulb by a half inch  Where the wire arches over the tube it clears the glass by an inch.  I haven’t torture tested it to the limit but I did have a 64 transverse spring fall onto it from its normal height on the car.  It put a crease in the wire but didn’t touch the bulb.  Lots of light and hard to place where it will cast a shadow.
You guys sure have lots of opinions and I don’t recall any of you asking if you could have one.