<VV> Cracked Pistons

Mike McCrae mmccrae6 at cox.net
Wed Jan 22 12:09:40 EST 2014

I never had any problems with the old TRW long skirt pistons, which are now
hard to find as hen's teeth. One can always tell a forged piston by looking
inside and actually seeing forging marks. The new "Sealed Power" pistons
have inside walls that appear to be born of sand casting...go figure....yet
they still insist they are forged...? Where does Clark's  get these new
forged pistons? Everything seems to be from overseas (China) so I'm
skeptical. I've also been told, but not confirmed that the Sealed Power
come from India and that quality control measures have been poor at
best....can anyone confirm this?
If you're looking for performance than you may have to consult with US
manufacturers such as Arias or Ross...I've had excellent results with both,
but they're not cheap....remember, Horse power ='s $...how fast do you want
to go...?

Mike McCrae