<VV> HPE Engines???

Gary Berry duallycc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 20:09:02 EST 2014

Hey All

   I was working on 2 engines today. One was an RD and the other was a YN.
When I looked these up on a Corvair engine Identification list it indicated
that these were HPE engines. One was a 62-64 (the YN) and the other was a
 65-67 (RD). Evidently it stands for "High Performance Engine", but was
there anything special about these over a standard engine? I also have a RM
engine which shows that it is a 65-67 SHPE or "Special High Performance
Engine". What the heck does that mean? Thanks for any help.

Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
Bunch of Corvair Stuff