<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 108, Issue 68

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Thu Jan 30 12:43:07 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

From: "Brian" <bmoneill at juno.com>
Subject: <VV> What's This Mean--the answer

The #3 wrist pin moved! Scored a deep channel in the cylinder wall. Mucho blow by. In the hopes of saving the rod which is a one of a balanced set--does anyone have an oversize wrist pin. I know they haven't been made in years but thought somebody might have one. Thhanks to all who offered advice

I'd be concerned about the other 5 rods having adequate interference fit as well.

Putting 1000 lbs or so load with proper fixtures would help weed out problems.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q152/g_vonruden/pistonpress.jpg

We used to measure every rod eye/pin end when assembling rods and pistons.