<VV> The Henry Ford Flicker photos

James P. Rice ricebugg at comcast.net
Sat Jul 5 12:34:50 EDT 2014

Kevin:  Good find!!  Haven't had chance to look at many of the selections.
Lots of things to look at sometime when I don't have a lot to do.  Thanks!

For those who want to look for Corvair specific material, this info:

There was one Stinger at the January 66 Daytona 24 Hrs.  Don Yenko drove a
Volvo in the race.  The Volvo's owner, Art Riley was one of the Stinger
drives.  The Stinger finished, but I don't remember where.  So did the
Volvo.

There was also a Corsa coupe entered in the GT class.  While it DNF, one of
the drivers was a knar-do-well named Bobby Allison.

There were 2 Stingers entered in the March 1966 Sebring 12 hr race.  Both
DNF by about 25 laps.  Actually, on DNF and the other one was disqualified.

There was a Stinger in the 1968 Sebring 12 hr, entered and driven by Donna
Mae Mims.  They finished, but again off the top of my head, I don't remember
where.

Those are the only 5 Corvair entries at the top level on International
Endurance racing.

Lots of really good vintage photos of then contemporary racing.  Cool stuff.
>From my brief look at the choices, I remember most of the events, cars and
drivers as current events.  Kinda scary

Historically Yours,
                James Rice