<VV> Electric fuel pump.

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Sat Jul 5 23:41:33 EDT 2014

Smitty Says;  Oh yes for sure, for sure.  Put an electric fuel pump on it any time the fan belt gets loose or have a mechanical fuel pump going south.  And if the carb is leaking or the brakes are pulling to the left, put a Pertronix on it.
I am only one guy out of the thousands and thousands of Corvairs running out there.  I bought my 64 Spyder in 69 and had about a 6 month priod of vapor locks with it 20 years ago.  Finally changed the pump and the problem went away.  Had a bad valve in the pump.  My 63 Spyder coupe ran for about 10 years on the same pump and never vapor locked.  Spike has hotfooted it around many tracks for 10 years wide open on every straight.  Even one time ran into red light engine temps so bad I couldn’t get a hot lap in for the time trials.  You never saw me out there with ice cubes or cold water cooling the pump and lines.  If turbos are more prone to vapor lock, you can’t prove it by my experience.