<VV> PG question

Garry Parsley geparsley at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 6 11:42:38 EDT 2014

Long time since my last problem, which this list solved brilliantly for me, THANK YOU, by the way. Now I have another question before making a bonehead mistake. I’m rebuilding the powerglide in my ‘66 Monza, and cannot remember, and did not look close enough before disassembly, at the bushing for the front pump. Bushing has one large hole, pump body has one large and one small hole. I seem to recall that on my last rebuild I lined the bushing up with the large hole, and the vehicle would not move. Had to re-do it. But, my memory is not as long as I would like. Can someone confirm which hole the bushing should line up with and save me the grief associated with guessing. The manual doesn’t mention this anywhere that I can find, but a correct response will cause some notes to be added to my manuals. Thanks again, in advance.

Garry Parsley
1966 Monza