<VV> 66 Corsa gas gauge

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Jul 8 10:34:36 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

Before I order parts, I want to make sure I checked this correctly.  Car is a '66 Corsa with the factory gauge.  When I got it the gas gauge worked correctly.  Now it always sits on "E", which has led to some good stories for our middle kid, but I'd like to fix it.

I disconnected the wire at the sender and the needle swings over to more than full.  Ohmmeter at the sender stud on the tank reads 1.5.  My conclusion is the float has failed.  Yes?

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell | Springfield, Va. | bryan at skiblack.com | http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
  '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150