<VV> 1969 Monza Corvair Across the USA (update)

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 17 21:55:53 EDT 2014

We did the ferry (opposite direction) in a '65 - about 20 years ago.  Are
they still using coal or were they forced to go to diesel?  Yes, I drove on
and off and like you said - last in = first out.  If I recall, it is called
the Badger Line and the boats were originally built to carry railroad cars
across the lake.

Have a great, and uneventful (if you know what I mean) trip!

Oh, I love your sign!

Later, JR

  All the way across to Ludington to take
>> the ferry- hint, in a classic car YOU can drive on/off the ferry AND you
>> are last on and first off- pretty nice & the journey across Lake Michigan
>> is amazing.

>> Hope to see everyone at the convention- my Corvair has a sign in the back
>> qtr windows which reads- No Pwr Steering, No Pwr Brakes, No Cooling
>> Water,
>> No Nader, NO PROBLEM!

---