<VV> early front suspension

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Sun Jul 20 01:38:41 EDT 2014

I got a spare front crossmember and suspension a while back -
finally getting it apart for inspection.

Looks like someone sent some money on it before it fell asleep.
The ball joints look new, and the bushings are weathered but sound.
Yay.

It is newer than mine, as it has a sway bar. Yay!

So, I can throw in the lower arms and strut, and maybe spring spacers to
get it up a bit higher.
(get it farther off the bump stops, and get me over the speed bumps and
driveways better.)

Later I'll measure the springs, see if they are stiffer than the ones I
have now.

Fun, fun, fun.

--
Jay Maechtlen SoCal '61 2-dr modified w/fiberglass skin, transverse 3.8
Buick V6 TH440T4 trans

---