<VV> temp light question for friend

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Mon Jul 21 09:50:15 EDT 2014

I'm passing on a question that a new, young Corvair owner posed to me.  He wrote:  <I have a question about vairs when you drive yours for hours and you're stopping and sitting a lot after awhile when you brake does your temp light come on?>  Upon further questioning he said that he has checked and the two rear thermostat flaps under the rear bumper are opening.  He asked about the summer plate but I have never futzed with mine believing that the limited driving I do in not extremely high temps did not pose a problem that I would have to concern myself with the summer plate.  He is in Michigan and has a '62 with PG and 102.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

~Bill Stanley