<VV> Rear engine mount

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Jul 25 18:15:23 EDT 2014

I have never seen a Corvair engine rear mount fail and drop the rear of the
engine on the road. All of these have fail safe bolts/brackets,etc to keep
the engine from falling out. The engine will droop with a failed mount, but
you can still drive the car. Many are on the road this way!

The earlies with the engine dragging the ground had the castle nut fall
off. Or lates when a person replaced the locking nuts with regular nuts and
they loosened and fell off. The mounts were still in the car, just the
engine was no longer bolted to them.

Frank DuVal

Original email: