<VV> 64 convertible motor removal.

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 19:51:21 EDT 2014

Well, I am glad you found the motor in the back! On the motor removal, the
first time I did it I did the whole trans axle and engine using three
scissors ( aka slow moving) jacks and some pieces of 2x4 lumber.

But while that worked, it was a pain to do. So I went to HF and bought a
motorcycle lift for $170 and used that with the 2x4 lumber as shims and I
also had a way to move the motor around once out. Once out, I removed the
trans and differential then my 6'6" son in law and I lifted the engine up
on the bench sitting vertical on the bell housing for disassembly.  Good
luck with your project!

Mark Durham Hauser Idaho
62 2Door Coupe 4speed Red/Red