<VV> Removing engine

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Mon Jul 28 01:05:36 EDT 2014

Smitty Says;    Back when I first started playing Corvair I took two engines
out using Corvair scissor jacks.  Being somewhat of a brilliant person it
didn't take long to realize that sooner or later I was going to drop an
engine or hurt myself.  I got an 8 ft 2X12 and a stack of short lengths of
4X4s and 2X4s.  Using the teeter totter method and starting off with a
cinder block (with other blocks) at the front of the plank and under the
rear of the engine I was able to rock the plank up and down and remove a
block at a time until the plank was on the ground  Then using short lengths
of broom stick I could roll the engine out from under the car.  Reversing
the procedure I could put it back in.   This is absolutely safe and I did it
for years until I could afford large floor jacks. Of course this method
requires the assistance of anyone from a skilled mechanic to the village
idiot to remove or install blocks.