<VV> 64 convertible motor removal.

Bill Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Mon Jul 28 23:26:23 EDT 2014

Back when I was a teen we used to use a chain fall hoist.  The hoist was affixed to the rafters of our garage and the other end was attached to the rear bumper of the Corvair.  We'd lift the entire car, pull the wheels and axles (early model), loosen up the nuts attaching the drive train to the mounts, then lower car until the oil pan rested flat on the ground, reach under and remove the nuts, then raise the car back up again, leaving the drive train on the ground, which we would then drag aside to work on.

 Installation was the reverse of the above procedure.

Bill