<VV> WC: 2014 Tacoma Corvair Expo

Eric Taylor corveric at me.com
Tue Jul 29 19:31:05 EDT 2014

Hi Ron,
We too made it home relatively uneventfully.  We had to fix a cracking brass oil fitting on Saturday that probably gave as a result of the autocrossing on Thursday.  My truck has never been driven that hard before!  And I had to replace a set of tires that were finished off by the autocrossing.  My new speedometer now has over 1,100 kilometres on it so I know it is working well.  MLFW and I went down to the LeMay Family collection on Sunday and had a self guided tour (for sake of time) although apparently there are a lot of cars "down at the house" which were not available to be seen.  That is an impressive collection with some of the cars stacked three high on racks.  And even in the other buildings, which are apparently just warehouses, not show rooms, the cars are squeezed in so tight that there is barely room to walk between the rows of them, and they are in many places touching bumper to bumper!  If there is anybody going to the Tacoma area, I highly recommend both the museum downtown, and the collection which is just behind Home Depot on 152nd just off of Pacific.

Special thanks Wendy, Debbie, Gale, Lauren & Colleen for being my CorvHarem last week, I had a great time  (applications will be accepted for next year).  This convention was, without a doubt, the most fun I have had at a Corvair Convention.  I also recommend to anybody thinking of going to one to seriously consider joining in the Edward Cole Competition.  It means you will enter every competition, but you can decide how hard you race or how much you polish your car.  The competition makes it that much more fun.  I look forward to the results being posted so I have some idea how far off I was in the competition.  I know that the next time I will be able to improve in many ways and have a better chance to be a contender.
And Remember:  Find a young person who has interest in old cars and help turn them on to Corvairs. Repeat as many times as possible...
Eric Taylor,
Corveric at me.com
604-309-2268