<VV> Electronic Ign. Question....

Dale K Dewald d66dewald at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 17:53:33 EDT 2014

On 7/29/2014 19:09, Jeff Wilson wrote:
> I'm thinking of taking the plunge and going to electronic
> ignition.
> I'd like to go whole-hog and include a MSD box.
>
> I'm fluctuating between the Crane unit sold by Clarks and
> the Ignitor 1 (heard there's issues with 2).
>
> Are either of these systems incompatible with MSD?

Hello Jeff,

There is no need to use the Crane or Ignitor units with an MSD box. All
the MSD needs is a trigger source, which can be the stock points, which
will run a long time as they will not be switching any current.  The
more elegant method is to use a magnetic pickup assembly (e.g. Chrysler
6-cylinder reluctor & coil) adapted to the Corvair distributor.  The MSD
will work with the stock coil, but I like the Blaster 2 coil for this
and also as a stock replacement.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI