<VV> Turning torque while waiting for flywheel bolts

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 22:53:01 EDT 2014

Charlie, you are over thinking it. My engine was so tight with fresh
barrels and chrome rings and new tight bearings with it pre oiled and rings
pistons and cylinder bores coated with stp/oil it took effort to get it to
turn. It still sounded dry out the spark plug holes.
Yet, when the starter engaged it turned right over and ran . Granted I had
to keep a bit of throttle in it for a few seconds but then I ran it 3
minutes at 1200 to 1400 rpm and shut it off to cool. Checked for leaks, it
ran pretty good the second three minutes at 1200 to 1400 rpms. Third run I
let it idle down and set timing and mixture, then drove it for about 20
minutes, rechecked idle and mixture, then drove it to 500 miles and changed
the oil. Then I started to use higher rpm ranges.
Mark Durham Hauser Idaho
62 2Door Coupe 4speed Red/Red