<VV> Driving John's Fitch Phoenix

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Jun 7 01:13:47 EDT 2014

At the Washington Convention (1991), John Fitch was one of the honored
guests. The Phoenix was on display in the underground vendor area. As the event
 wrapped up, someone needed to move the Phoenix out to the waiting
transport. I  offered to move it around to the loading dock. Okay, is wasn't very
far, but I  drove it a little bit. Much more memorable was the dinner John and
I enjoyed one  night at the convention. I took John out to a local
restaurant and he and I  (mostly he) talked for a couple of hours. That was where I
learned about his  Caribbean sailing adventures and his WWII service. A most
memorable  evening. I also accompanied him on the dinner cruise Thursday on
 the Potomac. A real gentleman.

Somewhere, I, too have a snapshot of me, sitting in the  Phoenix. - Seth
Emerson

In a message dated 6/6/2014 8:48:33 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,