<VV> accelerator pump rubber cup installation

Larry Forman larry at forman.net
Sun Jun 8 16:02:04 EDT 2014

Buy a tube of calking or epoxy with a small conical tip or look for one
with your stuff.   Cut the conical tip off and make sure it fits exactly
over the end of the accel pump plunger with no pump cup in place.  It
needs to butt right up against the junction of the brass tip where the
pump cup goes.   If the conical tip does not fit close to perfectly,
then the pump cup will stop there when pushing it on.    Use some
lubricant, either water or rubber lube, and just push it onto place.

Larry

On 6/8/2014 12:49 PM, wsan159401--- via VirtualVairs wrote:
> I am trying to put new accelerator pump cups in my carbs. I have ruined two, so I decided the list would have the answer to my problem.
> What is the best or correct way to so this ?

---