<VV> ID HELP

Jim Davis jld at wk.net
Tue Jun 17 00:31:49 EDT 2014

Same place on FCs.  I just went through this drill with the state police
stolen vehicle inspector to find the "confidential serial number"- as
insurance companies call it. The inspector had come out to the shop to
visually inspect the number with the front suspension removed.  He then
filled out three pages for forms and sent a fax to the national crime
data base to search for that particular serial number to see if it had
ever been reported as stolen.  He then escorted me to the county
courthouse where an assistant county clerk filed the paper work for a
corrected title.  Three days later the state police vehicle inspector
called and said he was ready to install my new VIN plate.  I invited him
out and he installed it in accordance with the accompanying paperwork.
Total cost $6.00.

I might mention that I have owned this particular Rampside for 27 years
and the title has been transferred among four states.  Last year
Kentucky found the error in my truck's title and demanded it be
corrected, so instead of a St Louis manufactured truck - the 22,343 FC
down the line in 1961, I ended up with a Flint manufactured truck 11,233
down the line.
Jim Davis